Sunday, February 5, 2012

"bring the noise" - magic shadows UPLOAD

there was a period of time when my brother 'Mad Mike' and I hosted an underground radio show called 'the amazon' on CFBU 103.7 fm. It was a Brock University sub outlet that was generously open to the community and it had really great programming in it's schedule back then.

This was around the dawn of a Jungle/ Drum'n'Bass scene in St Catharines known as Brock Up sessions. (apparently nothing to do with Brock U itself) That scene had some great Dj talent that would tear it up in the downtown St Paul street area.

Being a co-host on the show I found myself digging through my old crates of Moving Shadow and Suburban Bass records from the early 90s. I loved groups like Tone Def, Cosmo n Dibbs, Johnny Jungle ect...

This was the result of what I loved about that old style of pre/early Jungle breakbeat records.

Enjoy enjoy!!!

NOW on the official montebello soundcloud page....

No comments:

Post a Comment